Welcome to the web page of the Frank & Maria Martin Trust.
Below you find all the information you need to submit an application.
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
To promote greater understanding of the composer Frank Martin and his music.
Grants giving policy
The Frank & Maria Martin Trust gives grants for the advancement, anywhere in the world, of the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the life and works of the composer Frank Martin (1890-1974).
The Frank & Maria Martin Trust welcomes applications asking for support in the following areas:
- The publication of unpublished works by Frank Martin
- The publication of new editions of already published works by Frank Martin
- The publication of arrangements of works by Frank Martin.
- The performance of works by Frank Martin in parts of the world where they are rarely performed
- The performance of works by Frank Martin in special contexts (i.e. festivals, interdisciplinary projects, performances at special locations)
- The recording of neglected works by Frank Martin
- Projects which acquaint young people with Frank Martin’s music
- Research into the music, writing and life of Frank Martin
- The acquisition by public institutions of Frank Martin research material, such as autograph manuscripts and original correspondence
The Frank & Maria Martin Trust does not honour applications for regular projects and concerts.
Applications will only be considered if they are made prior to the start of the project.
There are three application rounds per year:
* application period 1 – January to April
Closing deadline April 1st, a request for additional information may follow in the first half of April.
* application period 2 – May to August
Closing deadline August 1st, a request for additional information may follow in the first half of August.
* application period 3 – September to December
Closing deadline December 1st, a request for additional information may follow in the first half of December.
– Applicants can only submit their proposals to the Frank & Maria Martin Trust digitally via this website, using the standard application form (we would like to receive a pdf document).
– Language: English
– The results will be announced by the official secretary no later than three months after the closing date.
– There can be no discussion about the results.
– Guideline: the maximum amount that can be applied for is € 10.000 per application.
– The Frank & Maria Martin Trust does not operate as the sole subsidy provider for projects, the Frank & Maria Martin Trust only honours projects where financial support is requested from multiple organisations.
Payment and accountability of the project
– Within one month after the grant commitment, 50% of the pledged amount will be transferred to the applicant.
– Within six months after the end of the project, the applicant must send a substantive and financial report to the Frank & Maria Martin Trust, based on the submitted budget. If the Frank & Maria Martin Trust agrees to this justification, the remaining 50% will be paid.
– Upon request the Frank & Maria Martin Trust can deviate from this percentage split.
– If the project does not go ahead, the amount already transferred must be fully refunded to the Frank & Maria Martin Trust.